2017 March 26
Snack time is calling your name! As hard as you try to ignore it … you can hear the call of the tempting goodness of the spicy, creamy cheese ball and a good movie. So, there’s no time like the present to make this mouth-watering treat!
Our kiddos enjoy cooking and baking …. Ok, actually they LOVE being in the kitchen scouring the many cookbooks, flipping thru magazines, and browsing Pintrest for the best possible recipes to surprise my husband and me. Today was no exception. As the hubby was busy cleaning the garage and I sifting thru the pile of papers which magically appeared somehow on my desk, the kiddos were quite active in the kitchen.
After perusing many recipes, they made a slew of goodies. The most incredible was the SPICY KICKER CHEESE BALL – their own personal creation.
So, without further delay, let’s get this party started so you too can enjoy an incredible treat!
- 1 – 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/2 package of dry taco seasoning mix
- 2 1/2 cups shredded taco cheese (inside mixture)
- 1/2 cup shredded taco cheese (exterior of mixture)
- Remove the 8 ounce block of cream cheese from the fridge and set aside so it may come to room temperature. This takes aprx. 30 minutes.
- Place the 8 ounces of room temperature cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Add the 1/2 package of dry taco seasoning plus the 2 1/2 cups of shredded taco cheese.
- Using an electric mixer on low speed, combine the ingredients. Due to the thickness of the ingredients, stop the mixer at random to remove the ingredients from the beaters so they may mixer together evenly.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Once chilled, utilize the plastic wrap. Place the mixture on the center of the plastic wrap. Bring all the edges of the plastic wrap together so the cheese mixture is surrounded. Form into a ball.
- Remove the cheese ball from the plastic wrap. Place 1/2 cup of shredded taco cheese in a small bowl. Roll the cheese ball in the shredded cheese until coated.
Note: This recipe may be made by hand, without the use of an electric mixer. For convenience and speed, a stand-up electric mixer was utilized.
It’s time to eat! Grab a plate and a huge scoop of the SPICY KICKER. Pair it with butter crackers and pretzels as we did …. or … apples, celery, and carrots for an even healthier choice. Be prepared though, you most likely will find the “need” to go back for seconds.
We would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the recipe. What did you pair it with?